Thursday, September 15, 2011

U.S.A where I put my heart

 I wrote this because I miss States.

Some people hated U.S.A for reasons but it always has special spot in my heart. 

Back in 2001, few months earlier before 9/11... I found my self felt comfort when I landed at huge Atlanta Int. Airport after flew off from Jakarta Soekarno Hatta Int. Airport - Taiwan Taoyuan Int. Airport - LAX Int. Airport. 

Huge land with various states & each state has their own symbol that we could see the symbol on car plates.

Atlanta, Georgia : Peach is a symbol of Georgia. My sister said that it's quite confusing driving in downtown Atlanta's layers high ways (that's true when it compares to Jakarta's high ways). Atlanta is lovely with some old style office buildings & cinema, some people said it's quite a bit like New York. Atlanta surely has lovely dining restaurants. 

Hilton Head, South Carolina : Palmetto is a symbol of South Carolina. Hilton Head is kind of special barrier island in S.C. There's a harbour town where we could enter by paying at the entrance, we could stay inside in period time (I forgot around what time, guess it's around 10am - 3pm). I've heard there are Tennis Tournament, PGA Golf Tournament or Celebrity Golf Tournament been held sometimes. What I like the most is the marina where the birds flying or standing closely with human, there's parking boats, the cafes, dining place, ice cream & shops just in one area (*see the pic - enlarge). Here to check about Hilton Head wikipedia.org/Hilton Head
me - hilton head, south carolina

Florida : Orange is a symbol of this state. Florida is very fascinating! I loved it. My favorite spots are; Miami, Daytona Beach & West Palm Beach. 
* Miami has beautiful skyline & wonderful boats scene. The beach area reminds me of Kuta Beach area (small version). My favorite spot is in front of Hard Rock Cafe Miami (*see the pic - enlarge).
* Daytona Beach is awesome! beside watch the car racing in Daytona Stadium, everywhere we could found Harley Davidson riders riding their bikes on the road or they're just hanging out at the cafes.
* West Palm Beach..  Petite version of Beverly Hills. 1st class beaches they have. Perfect blue water. Perfect place to stay when I grow old (I wish). They have private jet charter, science museum, zoo park, fishing area, etc. I really like the 'high class' shops on the avenues where you could find anything, even you could find plastic surgery & boob job doctor just around the corner (only by reading their brochure you could find out how much the cost of surgery).
* Key Largo & Key West. My first aim was Key West, but I've had only reached the Key Largo at the end (Marriott Hotel). It's a really long way from down town Miami to Key Largo and it's just a half way to Key West. But it was worth to watched the sunset in Key Largo.
me - miami, florida

Houston, Texas : "dry town" I said to my self by the time got to this town. What interesting was I found a beautiful 'forest' park in center of down town where there's so many people jogging trail around at 4-5pm, I really enjoyed that scene. I think it's a Memorial Park (I forgot).

Another interesting things are; if in Europe we have to wear proper shoes to go dining in restaurant, in States we can go dining with sneakers on :). And we could travel by car from state to state, train or flight no need. I miss it..

#States #Atlanta #Georgia #HiltonHead #SouthCarolina #Florida #Miami #DaytonaBeach #WestPalmBeach #KeyLargo #KeyWest #Houston #Texas