Wednesday, July 13, 2011

AGAIN..Web Traffic Virus Attacked!

These past 2 days my laptop got rapid propagation infected host. My Internet traffic was running very very very slow, the bandwidth totally dying!. 

I thought the wireless BTS was down temporary or my browsers got crashed or else wrong. So I've decided to uninstall, install few programs and updated antivirus. After scanning, detecting, checking the software certificates status and so on, so on...dang! finally this morning I've found out I've been attacked by worm-well known as SQL slammer (I remember the 1st time heard about slammer was around 2001).  I was infected with this worm via the Internet and then connected to a network via a VPN (Virtual Private Network).  The routers network processing lead my Internet bandwidth to the end of the traffic, I couldn't even loading any Beta data (90% of all vulnerable machines were infected within 10 minutes).  

Where the worm came from? Well you know, from one of the Windows 'Installer' (one of the supporting download software program that compatible with my laptop's Windows) it need to be install before setting MS antivirus updates. Reality the Setup.exe file is a 'boot-strapper' of the Msiexec.exe file that also sets an error level on return that corresponds to the Microsoft Win32 error codes. I wasn't quite sure to accomplish this, It says it must use a higher level setup launcher (not Windows Installer based) that wraps both the custom application and the stand-alone MSDE, and then opens them independent of each other.  

BUT...I've also just found out that Microsoft no longer offers support for this software program and will no longer be updated. Man..   
  
I'm glad, after my laptop got numerous collapse and crashed of routers under the burden of extremely high bombardment traffic (also removed from routing table), now it clean again. 

So, guys...here some tips : 
1. Take care your PC and Update it regular or you can setting the updates automatically (setting - control panel -  automatic updates). 
2. Check the Certificates Expiry & Authorize of any programs you download (setting via Tools - Internet Option). 
3. After download - Scan your file before you extract the file.
3. If something goes wrong with PC, just disconnect the Internet - Restart - Run the antivirus. 
4. When you find the Troubleshoot File - Uninstall them - Delete the shortcut - Scan - Restart again. 

If you have spare time (especially for you, Ladies), please learn & get to know about your own PC ; learn about the Internet codes - Threads type, how to edit the configuration, learn how to get source & read HTML, to use the Socket Layers properly, etc. So you could fix your own PC :). 

Regards

#internet, anti virus, slammer, worm, SQL, Internet down, routers, troubleshoot, engine, computer